Today’s guest is someone I discovered on social media, and I’m so excited to get to know her. She’s a mom by day, and a social worker by heart, who is about to drop her first book!
In today’s episode, I’m interviewing Lindsey Konchar, a licensed social worker who pivoted to stay at home mom during the pandemic, and now author! We’re chatting about her catchy and funny new book: I’ve Got 99 Coping Skills, and Being a B*tch Ain’t One. If you love actionable tips backed by research with a side of pop culture references this book (and podcast interview) is for you!
What’s in this episode:
- Lindsey’s Pre Pandemic Career.
- What Inspired “I’ve Got 99 Coping Skills…”
- Why Happiness Isn’t Always the Goal.
- The Challenges of First Time Motherhood During the Pandemic.
- Why Therapy Doesn’t Have to Be a Lifetime Commitment.
- What Is Geocaching? (And Why It’s a Featured Coping Skill.)
ABOUT LINDSEY KONCHAR
Lindsey Konchar is a licensed graduate social worker, which basically means she brings some credentialed experience to the mental health world. Now, she is a mom by day and social worker by heart! While she would have been thrilled to be a stay-at-home mama, she knew she couldn’t lose who she was along the way. That was vital. Lindsey found a way to use the clinical skills she had developed in her practice and hold on to the work she loves so much - write a freakin' book!
I Got 99 Coping Skills and Being a B*tch Ain’t One is a quippy, evidence-based guide to help individuals find better, healthy coping skills. We all know life can be unimaginably challenging. It brings stress and grief, anxiety and angst, but that doesn't mean we should lose hope. By using the small, simple, actionable steps in I Got 99 Coping Skills and Being a B*tch Ain’t One, listeners can find what uniquely works for them to optimize their life!
SAVE THE DATE
- July 5: Lindsey’s book drops on Amazon: I Got 99 Coping Skills and Being a B*tch Ain’t One: A List of Evidence-Based Activities to Reduce Stress and Anxiety & Improve Overall Well-Being